released: 28 Jul 2017 author: AIHW
This fact sheet looks at Australian and international approaches to youth justice. On an average day in 2015–16, the rate of young people in youth detention in Australia (3.4 per 10,000 young people) was higher than in England and Wales (1.9 per 10,000), but lower than in Canada (5.0 per 10,000) and the United States of America (13.9 per 10,000).
ISSN 2202-1841; ISBN 978-1-76054-171-2; Cat. no. JUV 115; 5pp.; Internet only
Factsheet table of contents
- Comparisons between Australian and international youth justice systems: 2015–16
- International agreements, standards and guidelines
- Age for treatment as a young person
- Principles, services and outcomes
- Box 1: Youth justice supervision fact sheets
- Box 2: Technical notes
AIHW 2017. Comparisons between Australian and international youth justice systems: 2015–16. Youth justice fact sheet no. 93. Cat. no. JUV 115. Canberra: AIHW. Viewed 28 July 2017 <http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=60129560075>.