released: 28 Jul 2017 author: AIHW
This fact sheet provides summary information about young people in sentenced detention in 2015–16. On an average day in 2015–16, less than half (44%) of all young people in detention were sentenced, and almost one-third (30%) had been in sentenced detention at some time during the year.
ISSN 2202-1841; ISBN 978-1-76054-165-1; Cat. no. JUV 109; 5pp.; Internet only
Factsheet table of contents
- Young people in sentenced detention: 2015–16
- Number and proportion in sentenced detention
- Time in sentenced detention
- Completion of sentenced detention periods
- Box 1: Youth justice supervision fact sheets
- Box 2: Technical notes
AIHW 2017. Young people in sentenced detention: 2015–16. Youth justice fact sheet no. 87. Cat. no. JUV 109. Canberra: AIHW. Viewed 29 July 2017 <http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=60129560067>.