You're safe until season's end, Magpies chief tells Buckley

8697552-3x2-700x467.jpg

Posted

July 11, 2017 13:48:49

Nathan Buckley’s position as Collingwood coach is safe until the end of the AFL season.

Buckley confirmed chief executive Gary Pert addressed him and the players earlier on Tuesday and told them the club would not make a decision before the end of the home-and-away season.

Pressure has increased on Buckley following the Magpies’ fourth successive loss, with the club sitting 15th on the ladder.

“I’ve been told by the board that there’s no decision until the end of the season and the players are aware of that and the footy program’s aware of that,” Buckley told the media.

“I suppose, for what it’s worth, it helps us maintain our focus week by week over the next seven-week period.”

Buckley said he never considered walking away from the club before the end of the season and was happy to have his position validated by the board.

“I knew where it sat, but the fact that it’s been reinforced doesn’t hurt,” he said.

“I had no intent [of walking away] at this point of proceedings. It was always, as I said consistently, those discussions are for the end of season.”

Buckley, who has been coach since 2012, said his goals had not changed.

“We want to win every game and it starts by performing better against Gold Coast,” he said.

Collingwood faces Gold Coast at Carrara on Saturday afternoon.

AAP

Topics:

sport,

australian-football-league,

collingwood-3066,

vic,

australia



Source by [author_name]

Related posts